Req. Number: 59696
Location Information: Redwood City, CA
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Digital Platform Data Group is responsible for developing a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud based tech stack with best-in-class tools. The Data Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future state of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
What does Research Scientist at EA does
• Use machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems in the gaming domain
• Analyze and extract key insights from EA’s rich store of gamer and gameplay data
• Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning for applications like recommendations and targeting.
• Work closely with the core development teams to deploy models seamlessly as part of production systems
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
• Research and implement novel machine learning algorithms for new business problems.
Our next Research Data Scientist at EA should have
• PhD. in Computer Science with a focus on machine learning
• Track record of having developed novel machine learning algorithms, SIGKDD/ICML/NIPS publications a plus
• Hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis over large volumes of data
• Strong Problem solving ability
• Strong Programming skills in C/C++ or Java
• Experience with large scale distributed programming paradigms – experience with the Hadoop stack(HDFS/MR/Pig/Hive) a plus
• Experience with R/SAS/SPSS
• Experience with SQL and MPP databases.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and skills
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Job ID: 59696