Req. Number: 36863
Location Information: Los Angeles, CA
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career!
We are looking for a rendering engineer who has extensive experience writing code in C++ and will help us drive graphical innovation in upcoming titles. The rendering engineer would be responsible for implementing efficient rendering algorithms for our games built on the Frostbite engine, as well as helping optimize performance across the title.
As a strong candidate, you are not afraid to challenge design ideas and you have the ability to present alternatives which may be similar in design but at a fraction of the cost of development. Furthermore, you are open-minded to changes and work efficiently. Something DICE finds vitally important, is that you actively find improvements. You must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
The next great DICE Engineer also needs:
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++
- Experience—preferably with games—in areas where concurrency, memory and performance is of high importance
- Experience researching, developing & optimizing (CPU/GPU) rendering techniques & systems on multiple platforms
- Experience with developing art & content pipelines / workflows
- Self-driven with a strong sense of quality
- Heavy focus on customers and willingness to find the best solution
- Great communication skills that supports an open working environment in terms of feedback
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.
Job ID: 36863