Req. Number: 26681
Location Information: Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Marketing Director: Need for Speed
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield, and Star Wars, to name but a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that Anytime, Anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those leading their fields, and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Global Marketing Organization is critical to the success of any game. We work closely with game developers to ensure the game has a clear design and a clear ‘X’ factor, (i.e., the defining element of the game that makes it unique and the ultimate reason behind why our customers should pay for and play our game). The Marketing team identifies the key audience for our games and tailors the marketing strategy to communicate clearly to the intended target.
Located in Gothenburg, Sweden, the Ghost Games studio is the hub of the Need for Speed franchise. Comprised of industry veterans from cutting-edge studios such as DICE (Stockholm) and Criterion (London), Ghost Games is currently developing Need for Speed Rivals for both current and next generation gaming consoles and has already begun work on future iterations of the franchise.
Based in the studio in Gothenburg, the Global Marketing Director will lead the Need for Speed franchise's global marketing efforts for gaming consoles and PC, ensuring maximum sales and responsibility profit. Leading a team of product marketers, the Marketing Director sets the overall vision, positioning and strategies for consumer communications and liaises with the worldwide publishing organization to ensure that this vision is reflected in marketing, sales, and communication strategies and execution. The Marketing Director has direct and indirect financial responsibility for all marketing initiatives and, in this capacity, partners closely with studio business units, GMs and Executive Producers to set short and long-term franchise business goals, financial goals and product plans for Need for Speed worldwide – for both packaged goods and digital product offerings. This position is the global marketing lead for the franchise and will require a moderate amount of travel.
· Responsible for all consumer targeting, positioning, marketing strategies and global-reaching programs
· Responsible for development and communication of the marketing strategy and vision
· Collaborate with internal marketing teams, development teams, and agency partners to plan and execute direct-to-consumer strategies to maximize acquisition of new consumers
· Financial responsibility for all global-reaching marketing efforts for franchises, while coordinating with the North American and International publishing units on in-market launch budgets
· Manage the global marketing asset generation team and their efforts
· Develop long-term franchise plans with studio leadership
· Provide management and career development for a team of product managers
· Ensure consumer insights are provided during the development of games through qualitative and quantitative research
· Partner with the Global Publishing Organization team in forecasting, demand planning and in-market launch execution
· Responsible for licensor and partner relationships
· Responsible for collaborative partnership between the studio and publishing
· Requires, on average, 1 week of travel every 2 months
· Minimum of 10+ years experience directing a team of marketing professionals, preferably within the entertainment, online and/or games industry.
· Demonstrated record of success in partnering with product development leadership and teams.
· Must have broad experience and understanding of all facets of the marketing discipline including market research, product positioning, pricing, promotions, sales and distribution.
· Experience working on cutting edge, leading brands that have strong consumer awareness and interest
· Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and negotiate agreements where varying opinions are the norm.
· Passion for racing games.
· Experience in managing licensor relationships.
· Experience with digital, direct-to-consumer product offerings.
· Strategic leader and thinker with ability to create exciting, break through marketing plans
· Creative and resourceful thinking with ability to make decisions and organize thoughts
· Capable of and comfortable with working with senior executives.
· Four-year degree in a related field required. MBA desirable.
The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply with resume and cover letter online or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: 26681